Things Traditionally Published Authors Should Keep In Mind

Traditional…or….

The Uncensored Writer

You’ve decided to go the traditional route. It’s the tried and trusted way of getting your book out there. On one hand, you feel excited at the thought of submitting your manuscript. On the other, you’re so scared of rejection that you can barely bring yourself to send your first query letter.

If you’ve done your homework on this (and you should have), then you know that the process is pretty straight-forward once you’re in. You’ve done the research and you’ve filled your brain with as much knowledge on the subject as you could have.

You’re ready to take the plunge.

But before you do, let me take the time to remind you of a few things.

poster-2899083_1920.jpgLimit Your Expectations:

While you feel like your odds of getting that publishing deal in the bag on the first try is basically guaranteed, you need to realise that things in life don’t…

View original post 1,025 more words

28 thoughts on “Things Traditionally Published Authors Should Keep In Mind

• thejourneyofabook says:

Oh yeah totally I realized that I have absolutely no idea ehatg I’m doing, and that if I’m the only one doing anything my book will just sit on kindle or whatever with no feedback, no marketing, and no one knowing what it is before hand

• claire plaisted says:

If you look under my newsletter section…I run a FREE Marketing Magazine…It may help get the word out there. I do suggest you join a few Facebook Groups…Let me know and I will do a blog on Groups etc

• Patty says:

You’re welcome.

In my mind being a writer requires support, and I’ve found that in the Indie Publishing world there is a ton.

You might consider that part when making your decision.

Traditional publishing tends to be rather “Dog Eat Dog”

Good luck with whatever you decide.

• Patty says:

Claire is most excellent!

She can make me look good, and if she can do that, yall this lady can do anything!

• claire plaisted says:

Ask anything…I can generally find an answer. I started my business as a Formatter and extended from there working with people who do book covers, editing. I also do a magazine and anthologies to help authors market themselves…I’ve extending services to includ book trailers, teasers banners…I belong to various groups some which are excellent. I also do tutorials for uploading online. Anyway ask what you think you need to know…I can generally point a person in the right direction.

• thejourneyofabook says:

My biggest one is how to build social media from ground up. I had been gone from Twitter for years, my person fb is secluded, maybe 50 friends or so, and my IG is full of people from college that I don’t speak to anymore. I ran some fb ads just to see how it would go, and I received traffic from all over the world, but that’s about it.

• Patty says:

One thing.

Do not waste your money with boost posting on FB.

If you want help with Social Media marketing message me.

Between Claire and me we can put you out there.

I’m a lot cheeper in the long-run than Boost posting, and most of their junk doesn’t do anything worth doing anyhow.

Claire is awesome, and can direct you.

• Patty says:

Because they do nothing more than you can do yourself.

Lots of their so called likes and follows are bots not real people and make your page look fake, and if you try to stop your boost you’ll end up being charged an arm and a leg.

I had to fight them because they drafted $500 out of my bank account that I did not OK and caused me to become very behind in bills and it took me and a friend and almost going to court to take care of it.

• Patty says:

I have moments every…Moment!

LOL!

I am a totally blind writer, and marketer.

I struggle with lots of challenges daily.

I get you on the moments.

I take a lot of baths.

I feel it’s the one place I can go and cry where no one can see me.

Once I take out the stopper, I can run it down the drain and face a little more life.

You can do it!

• Patty says:

We will support you!

How can we help.

I am Patty Fletcher self-published author and Creator and owner of Tell-It-To-The-World Marketing.

Let me know if I can ever do a thing for you?

• thejourneyofabook says:

Awe thank you so much, yeah my biggest thing is marketing . I have support from from some fasmily and a few friends butt honestly that’s it. Idk how to get the word out and build a following before my book is out