How to get reviews for your book…Article by Stephanie Chandler
on NonFiction Authors Association:
Whether your book is coming out soon or it has been out for a while, sending out review copies of your book can lead to a variety of opportunities:
- Acquire reviews on Amazon and beyond.
- Attract media coverage, podcast interviews, etc.
- Build word of mouth.
- Gain exposure with influencers through blogs, social media, etc.
- Entice a new prospective client to work with you.
- Get your book considered for bulk purchases.
- Be invited or hired as a speaker.
It’s important to be really clear about your target audience, who should receive a copy of your book, and why you’re sending it to each person. I can’t emphasize this enough.